Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The newest dressing in my life

A lot of the healthy salad dressings I have require a bit of time to make.  Not really any significant amount of time because it usually just involves dumping about 8-10 ingredients in the blender and, voile!  But compared yanking a bottle of premade, store bought dressing out of the fridge, it takes time.  So here is my latest dressing, created in really about 10 second moment when I desperately needed a dressing for myself and to walk out the door about a minute later.

Warning:  this dressing is not for the faint of heart.  It is Ah-MAZing, but totally packs a really zingy, flavorful punch.  You'll see why as soon as I list out ingredients.  So if you are a subtle, mellow dressing kind of person, this might not be for you.  If you appreciate zing and pizazz, try this!



The Zing Pizazz Dressing

3 parts lemon juice
2 parts Braggs Liquid Aminos (like soy sauce, but healthier)
1 part apple cider vinegar

(I generally make it up in a glass jar with 3/4c lemon juice, 1/2c braggs, and 1/4c apple cider vinegar - but it can be made up in any 3,2,1 size quantity.)

This dressing is very versatile.  So far I have thrown it on regular tossed salads, pasta salads, bean and veggie salads, and hummus wraps.  Oh and just today Sonny insisted I put some on his food, so I spooned out just like tsp on his quinoa and he seemed to like it.  :)

The dressing is good by itself, but it is very tangy, so in order to cut the tang sometimes, I'll mix it in with some hummus on top of a salad and that is just super tasty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment