Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Digging back out

How long does it take to dig oneself out after 10 days of being sick?  Too long.  Even longer if your son was sick too.  I can't even remember a time in my life (and neither can my mother) when I was sick for more than a couple of days.  Generally my immune system lets me get sick once a year, for a couple days, and then we're done, over and moved on.

Not.  So.  This.  Time.

Where was my immune system this time?  Clearly taking a vacay in Maui with my son's immune system as well.  Sigh.  It could have been so much worse.  We only ONLY had bad head colds.  We know people recently who came down with the stomach bug.  If that doesn't make you grateful for your head cold, I don't know what will.


So many things to talk about, but before I leave the topic of being sick, let me just give credit where credit is due to all the moms who have gone before me, and say that being a sick mom, of a sick kid is one of the hardest things I've had to do.  We'll forget the 24 hours of labor and the 7 months of nursing, pumping, bottle feeding, therapy, and exercises that all accompanied Charlie's newborn months.  Although I guess for short term difficulty, 24 hours of unmedicated labor still takes the cake.


I couldn't believe how much harder it was to take care of both of us simultaneously, and there WASN'T EVEN VOMIT ANYWHERE!  I would just forget things....ahem...like feeding my child....   My hat is off to all the moms out there who have taken care of a sick kid while being sick and especially multiple sick kiddos.  I never knew just how hard it was.  And it makes me so much more grateful for how well my own mother took care of us when we were sick, whether she was well or sick.  My hat's off to you, Mom.  You're amazing.

By the grace of God, we made it through and I live to blog another tale.  Oh, tacky I know.

On to other things.

I have a yummy Sunflower-Lentil Pie and Sesame Mustard Tahini dressing that I want to share with you all!  It's not my own recipe, but I'm going to share it with you all anyways because it's amazing and yummy and you all should try it!

I have a hummus soup recipe that I dismantled and rebuilt enough that I'm calling it my own!  It's amazing.

I have tons of pictures of Charlie to share.

And I have a smoked tofu marinade that I'm working on that will hopefully end up amazing.  (Flavored tofu in the store is ex-PEN-sive!)

And various and sundry other things that I hope to post about.  So, maybe I can stick to the plan and share all of that soon, now that we are almost done digging ourselves out of our little sickie hole.

And until then....  3 pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Doing fun pumpkin decorating outside and Grammy's neighborhood  Block  Party.  It did NOT want to be done with the pumpkin when it was time to go.

"Daddy built me this Lego hat, Mom!  Look Look!"

4 Generation picture taken at Thanksgiving.  :-)  This makes me happy.

Happy weekend to you all! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment