1. I find it particularly interesting to compare photos that are taken in the same item of clothing. So far two of these pictures are the same shirt as previous posts. I never think I've grown that much, but the clothes do fit differently. Last week is a copy of the first blue striped dress picture, and there is a little difference. Maybe I can get that one posted today too, from my phone??
2. Have I mentioned that I'm 24 weeks today and can't even believe it?!? I have 3 more appointments before I hit 36 weeks and start going weekly till my due date. Craziness.
3. We finally tracked down our doula! Yay! We thought she'd fallen off the planet after discovering our email address for her was out of date, and the birth center didn't have updated contact info. Thankfully, we finally got in touch with her. She's available for us - yay! And she's due herself early August - yay!
4. Back pain, trouble sleeping and braxton hicks are all present and accounted for. Yay! (Sort of.....)
5. I've been trying to get Charlie to feel when the baby moves. It's really hard to coordinate two little boys doing the right thing and the same time.
6. I have in fact used the phrase "the boys" twice now, and not in reference to William and Charlie. That is also craziness.
7. If you missed the facebook post, we are in fact having a second little boy. Maybe I'll get to post an ultrasound picture soon. Hah, who am I kidding. We are very excited about having a second little guy. Charlie and I make sure to talk about 'baby brudder' every day. I think he's excited, but it's hard to tell with a 2 year old.
8. I have gained more weight up to this point that I had anticipated, but not anything that is out of the realm of recommended. After 2 hard years of working on squelching cravings for all the food that I knew I didn't want to eat and wasn't good for my body, pregnancy hormones have definitely done some undoing there. I have eaten things I wish I hadn't. I think I can still call my self control good, it's just not the unmoving rock it was 6 months ago. Of course I can't blame it all on pregnancy hormones (cause I hate when people do that), and I have purposefully eaten some more calorie heavy foods in order to consume more iron in my diet. Okay, 8. is much too long and food should really be discussed in a separate post.
9. I will end up stopping teaching piano lessons earlier than I had originally planned, due to tiredness. I'd like to be able to spend some outside park and pool time with my kiddo this summer before the baby, without nodding off to sleep on my students. (JK, haven't done that yet....yet.)
10. We have not settled on a name yet, so it's no use asking. :) We have several possibilities we are batting around, one we really like but has very recently been used, and no, we do not discuss names until we have settled on the name for sure. :) Patience...
And that's about it folks.
Mama loves you baby.