Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birthday Dinner!

Here was William's birthday dinner request:


 Look sort of familiar?


But not quite?



We had Mediterranean Hummus Pizza for William's birthday dinner!  Truthfully, he found the idea for it and he requested it!  And MMMmmm it was SO good!  (Good call on the birthday dinner, honey.)   I made up my special homemade garlic pizza crust (per husband's request), slathered on fresh, homemade hummus (which came from this large and in charge batch of hummus), threw on spices and herbs, and added fresh basil, tomato, red onion, and bell pepper of the red and green variety.  We baked it up and it was delicious!  Quite a nice flavor sensation and different from normal pizza.  I added a slurry of balsamic vinegar to some bites of my pizza when I was eating it and that added a nice depth of flavor!  I think perhaps some chopped up broccoli and zucchini would be nice next time, along with sun dried tomatoes.  Mmmm!

So that's how hubby got to celebrate his birthday.  Beer and (hummus) pizza!



Happy Birthday again, to the best man ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment