Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Big Boy Bed Take 3

Ahh, the final installment of the Big Boy Bed saga - at least for now.



But where is the big boy bed you ask?  I see none in sight.  




That would be because the once he figured out how to crawl back and forth over the railing, he has delighted in pulling all of his precious treasures off of his bed, and huddling behind his bedroom door and drifting off to sleep there.  (Can you see the door in those two pictures?  That was me inching it open and peering around with my camera to take these shots before scooping him up and putting him in his bed.)  Oh yea.  He turns the light on too, THEN crawls out of bed and falls asleep behind the door.



I love how he fell asleep with his little feet propped up against his dresser.  Like I said, in spite of disciplining, he will get up out of bed and do this.  And at moments like these, I don't mind terribly.  It's somewhat humorous actually.  The night I found him like this, I saw that his bed room light was on, so I naturally cracked opened the door to reprimand him, only to find that his bed was empty.  Opening the door a little more expecting to see him up prancing around the room - which he wasn't - I opened it a little more, and just when I was getting ready to have a moment of panic -

SOMEONE CAME IN AND STOLE MY KID WHILE I WAS IN THE HOUSE AND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE!!!   

I open the door a little further and almost banged him in the head before realizing he was happily tucked behind the door in dreamland.  That was a moment of relief, frustration, and hilarity all rolled into one Mom Moment. 

Then I made a mad, silent dash for the camera.  I'm glad I had the presence of mind to think of that, so I could document that night forever.



Sweet dreams little vagabond sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment