Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Are you a Dr. Seuss Character?

So Charlie loves reading books.  He's really enjoying some of the simpler Dr. Seuss books right now.  More specifically he loves There's a Wocket in My Pocket.  I can't really blame him - it's one of my faves too.  Don't you get your kicks from saying, "Sometimes I'm quite CERTAIN there's a JERTAIN in the CURTAIN"?

But my absolute favorite part of the book is when we get to this page.  Why?



Because Charlie always, without fail, points to the Bofa and shrieks out, "Sahhmeee!  Uncko Saahmeee!!  Dah-deee!!"

You people who know Uncle Sam and his glasses, and the crazy resemblance to William - you know exactly what I'm talking about.

And seriously, I totally got it the first time Charlie said "Uncko Saahmee!"  I knew immediately.

So how does it feel, Uncle Sammy, to resemble a Dr. Seuss character in the eyes of your two year old nephew?

No comments:

Post a Comment