Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gratituesday: Nana and Grandbobby

I forgot to mention in my beach posts that we stopped at Nana and Grandbobby's house (William's maternal grandparents) on our way to the beach.  We are very lucky that they are about half way between home and the beach so it makes a perfect breaking point in the trip for the Charlie man to run around and let off steam.  And I FINALLY remembered to get some good shots (posted below) of just Charlie and Nana and Grandbobby, something I have been meaning to do.  Yay!

Charlie is so blessed to have 3 of his great-grandparents living, and 2 of them within easy driving distance.  I never had the chance to know any of my great-grandparents, and because we lived a good 12 hours away from all of our extended relatives, I never got to see my grandparents more than about once a year.  I loved them and appreciated them, don't get me wrong, but I wanted so badly to have a relationship with them and see them more than once a year.  I couldn't be more thrilled that (at least for the time being) Charlie has his grandparents and 2 great-grandparents all close enough to see on a regular basis.  Charlie loves spending time and Grandma and Grandpa's house, Grammy's house, and Nana and Grandbobby's house.

I'm a little surprised that he has such vivid memories of N&G's house actually.  To this day, 2 months later, he still talks about going to see "Naaahh and Bah-beee".  He even talks about seeing "Djeaanie" a lady who was there that day helping them around the house, and talks about the little lion they had there as part of a Noah's Ark toy.  He loves to talk about Nana and Grandbobby.  Sometimes he will just walk around the house saying, "Bah-bee, Bah-BEE!"  When he picked up my hair clip the other day and I told him it was a Bobby Pin, he got this gleam in his eye like, "Bobby!!  This is Grandbobby's?!?"  I just knew that's what was running through his head. :)

I love this series of shots because it shows him interacting with Nana and Grandbobby.  Sometimes small children have reservations about being around elderly people, but Charlie has no qualms about running right up and hugging Grandbobby and sitting on Nana's lap.  That indeed makes my heart glad.













Do you still have a great-grandparent that you can hug and tell how grateful you are to have them in your life?


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment