Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

17 weeks!

So I realized I haven't talked about food cravings or aversions yet.  I ought to given my how I've lived the last 2 years of my life dietary wise.

So my first pregnancy I gagged probably about 5 times and that was the extent of my pregnancy woes (other than the typical being tired).  This pregnancy I've had a lot more subtle food aversions.  I say subtle in that I probably could suffer through and eat most things I'm averse to without throwing up, but it would be a great trial and very unpleasant experience with much gagging.  I even had one day where a green smoothie - green smoothie of all things - ended up being disgusting by the time I was done drinking it.  I gave up on smoothies for several days since then and have just been eating veggies separately and blending up spinach juice for an iron punch!

As for cravings, I've noticed my desire for carbs/grains go up, which is funny because I'm actually not all that into grains usually.  I mean, by the time you take out yummy (unhealthy) white breads and pastas (which I wasn't really eating for the last 2 years anyways), all the cooked grains and healthy breads left, I don't really enjoy all that much.  Give me beans and greens, baby.  And really, I generally (pre-pregnancy) don't mind too much avoiding the pasta, white bread, chips, and other refined grains.  But I've noticed crazy insane cravings for all the grains/carbs that I'd pretty much given up for the last 2 years - and don't even get me started on chips and dip.  Eeesh, have I got to get back to eating veggies and bean dip again, and not chips and bean dip.  But oh man, those chips taste amazing like I've never tasted them before.  But seriously, I recognize the unhealthy chip thing I have going on and need to nip it in the bud.

I think later on I'll do a post more about eating and weight gain, but that's for another day.

*-/
17 Weeks!
I had my second prenatal appointment today and was so glad to hear little Nubbin's heart beat again.  I'm grateful for the 6 weeks spacing due to the 45 minute drive, but I miss hearing the little heart beat more often.  But everything looked good today!  :-)

Love you baby.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you on the carbs! I usually limit to an exent, but since being pregnant I want them the most. On a different note, I know its too early, but I keep trying to hear the baby's heartbeat with my stethoscope at home--one of these days evenutally I'll hear it!

    ReplyDelete